In 1866 St George Church in Wales School was established in the building it still occupies today. The school was privately owned and supported by HR Hughes of Kinmel and was registered as a public elementary school in 1869 and administed by the National Society for Promting Religious Education. The school became free in 1891 and was supported by the Local Education committee of the Denbighshire County Council. The ownership of the building was transferred by the Kinmel Estate to the Church in Wales in 1949 and was taken over as a Voluntary Controlled Church in Wales School by the County Council in 1952.
(extract from "Back to School - A History of Education in St George" by Councillor Delyth MacRae (School Governor and daughter of R Fred Roberts, Headteacher of St George 1969 - 1984)